Short Term Ministry
Our vision is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with children and teens in India and Asia, all through the avenue of Christian camping. By serving as a short-term instructor, either individually or as part of a team, you can help immensely in this mission. When you do serve, you will experience your host country in a way that you could never match as a tourist.
We desire to enable you to engage in global missions, continuing the Lord’s work of spiritual development by discipling children at LCMI camps.
We offer a short-term missions program where we train volunteers and prepare them to serve overseas in India and Asia in short-term ministry that leaves a long-term impact.
Our goal is to disciple volunteers who then encourage and train youth on the mission field. We invite you to join us in reaching out to children and families in India and Asia!
Are you interested in making a difference for Christ on our next missions trip? Fill out the application here and sign up to be a world-changer today! Apply Now!
There are a wide variety of opportunities for short termers looking to serve overseas. We offer 10-day trips (one or two camps) for short termers. Below are various ways you can serve at an LCMI camp:
- Bible Class
- Missions Class
- Project 61 – Purity/Restoration
- Music Class
- Sports Class
- Outdoor Games
- Camp Counselor
- Worship Team
Medical (Special Needs Camps)
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
Starting Your Journey
We help each short termer and team to organize their travel logistics, and will provide you with pre-field team training to cover the practical, spiritual, cultural, and relational aspects of missions overseas. During your overseas ministry, your team will work alongside LCMI staff, investing in the lives of children and teens. Please expect a debriefing with your team after your trip.
Please note: the LCMI calendar is tentative; we are able to schedule camps in certain months, but camp dates may be subject to change. We will keep you updated if any changes occur.
- Once you know several dates that may work for you or your team, contact us at email@example.com to discuss your possible trip dates.
- After initial communications and as things develop, each team member may then mail the application to Life Change Ministries International, P.O. Box 187, Ephrata, PA 17522.
- The safety of children is our priority, and our responsibility is worldwide - it does not end at our borders. If and when your application is approved, you will need to complete Pennsylvania's mandatory background checks for working with children. Your application approval is conditional upon your background checks coming back clear. We at LCMI will help you through this process, making it as quick and easy for you as we can. We thank you for understanding that this extra measure makes a huge difference in protecting each child that attends our camps.
- We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if you or your team has been approved. Do not apply for an international visa, or solicit funds from donors before your application is approved.
- Once you are contacted that your application has been approved, we will set up training dates for you or your team, so that we can walk with you through the process of preparing for your overseas ministry. Training is broken into two or three sessions and is usually held at the LCMI office (205 Washington Street, Denver PA 17517), but we remain flexible and work with each team, depending on their availability and location.
Get a glimpse of LCMI’s short-term camping ministry…
What a joy and delight to teach Theology and preaching to hungry Pastors and Ministry leaders associated with LCMI in India during the fall of 2019. I was so blessed to see every person listening intensely and taking copious notes as we taught. The passion for the Lord Jesus Christ and the Word of God that each of them had, only intensified my own. And how I love their singing, dancing, and praying unto the Lord! Thank you brother Sanjay for including me on this trip. May the Lord Jesus use those brothers and sisters mightily in India, Nepal, and beyond for the glory of His name and the good of his people.
– Pastor Jason
After serving at a kid’s camp in India in 2017 and seeing how the Lord was working through LCMI, The Lord opened doors for me to serve on another short term trip with LCMI in 2019, this time to Nepal. I was given the opportunity to teach the missions class. I needed to use a translator to teach, but the staff on the ground over there are incredible, and made this an easy process. It was a privilege to share the gospel with the kids that are so hungry to hear God’s word. I loved playing sports with the kids, and singing and dancing along with the kids during the worship times each day. I hope to serve on another trip with LCMI soon! Until all hear!
I first became familiar with LCMI many years ago through friends attending our church. There are many great mission agencies around the world, but this one I have seen from the ground up and the inside out. God continues to expand the reach of this ministry while providing all that the ministry has needed to fulfill the tasks that the Lord has directed them to. The Lord granted me the opportunity to go to India and Nepal on two separate mission trips with LCMI. The spiritual maturity, zeal and self-sacrifice of the brothers and sisters serving with LCMI from those two countries is a testimony to God’s supply! It is also a reflection on the leadership provided by Sanjay as he carefully evaluates, trains, encourages and establishes the men and women that God brings to the ministry. In India the week we were there all of the young counselors volunteering their time to work with the boys were former LCMI campers themselves. What a testimony! Blessed to be a blessing! I wholeheartedly encourage you to ask the Lord how you can be a part of this mission effort.